Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Protect Yourself by Christen Calloway

Before you go on any trip, getting insurance for your expensive belongs could be well worth it. I have had several friends and family members had their jewelry or cameras stolen or lost on trips, and those that insurance said it was worth the premium.

I have a large collection of expensive camera equipment and I would be devastated if it were lost or stolen. Before I left for Florence, I called my insurance company to see if my belongings were covered. I learned that most renters or home insurance covers camera equipment and other personal property if stolen or harmed in any accident for up to $5000, but anything above that may not be covered. Luckily, my renters insurance covers me while I'm away, but if it hadn't I would have payed for Scheduled Personal Property insurance. You must have your items appraised and send in the paper work to your insurance company, but then your irreplaceable items will be protected any where. I am insured with Allstate, but most insurance agencies have both renters, home, and scheduled personal property plans that can work for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment